Saturday, January 31, 2009

Got Cancer? Read this......

So, awhile ago, when I was too tired to see through the brain fog and read (well, retain) books, this one was passed along. From friend, to husband, to me. Something rang out "Read this one!" (I get many book suggestions).

Now, as I am detoxing, and still healing. When my bodies says "rest", I say "How long?" and I spend my time curled up under my afghan, with my journals, and the list of books. I was eager to start this one.

My intuition served me well! I have barely cracked the book open, and already I know it is one of the top ones I have read. And I recommend this to ANYONE who has cancer, has cancer in the family, or has a loved one with cancer who can't read for themselves right now.

He is a doctor. He had/has cancer. The book is his story. The book talks about hard science. The book talks about what science hasn't caught up to yet. The book debunks some alternative myths. The book backs other alternatives and expounds on the "why" they work. This book sets you up to never give up, have hope, and keep on trying. It has put the wind back in my sails and set me on a course. VERY cool. One of my favorite lines, which has been said over and over again, yet the way he put it I loved. "Through the foods we eat, we can create an anti-cancer biolody". Tres manifique.

With so many "cancer' books, I have started to read, I end up skimming for juicy bits and leave the rest. But this one, I simultaneously have to put down for a second at the end of each pag and absorb it and go "woah", AND can't stop reading.

Please put this in your toolbox. Friends who want to understand more, want to prevent cancer, or be an advocate, please read this one!!!!!!!

One beautiful little paragraph tells us the origins of the Chinese characters that make up the word "crisis". It is "danger" and "opportunity" put together. Cool. Very very cool.

Click this image to access a interview with the author!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenna

1 comment:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

One beautiful little paragraph tells us the origins of the Chinese characters that make up the word "crisis". It is "danger" and "opportunity" put together. Cool. Very very cool.


I like it!