Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Truth Delivered

Okay, so I said I would be honest on here. Balancing honesty, privacy, and TMI. Tricky.

But woah, I feel like BLUGH (my word) right now. This chemo is really challenging my digestive system. I was in a lot in a noticable amount of pain from overdoing it today, and very fatigued, but this stomach issue...me and the doc gotta talk. Or me and my acupuncturist. Or nutritionist. Someone has gotta ease this a bit. I can accept that it is just part of the process. We gotta work with it, it is nipping away at my good spirit and endurance. But I will sleep and it will go away, and tomorrow will be new. What can I learn from all of this? What can I do to prevent this, if anything, and what do I do to learn to move through it if there is nothing else I can do? How do I prop myself up physically?

For now, the most amazing quote from a card Mary Helen made for me:

Life has not other discipline to impose, if we would be realize it, than to accept life unquestioningly. Everything we shut our eyes to, everything we run away from, everything we deny, denigrate, or despise, serves to defeat us in the end. What seems nasty, painful, evil, can become a rouse of beauty, joy, and strength, if faced with an open mind. Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such.

-Henry Miller

No comments: