Sunday, November 2, 2008

2 am gratitude list

So, I am up, it is 2 a.m. I am really not feeling well again today. Such bad heartburn, I am still up at 2. So worn out. Wew. Fatigue, nausea, heartburn, paleness. Three meds later. Wew.

So I am going to make a gratitude list. "You nut! It is 2 a.m. You feel like shit!" Exactly. No better time to be grateful. No fancy color though, I am too tired:

- amazing anti-nausea drugs that have made chemo less torturous for millions of people.
- ginger tea
- dandelion root tea
- an all natural latex/wool mattress
- comfy cheap pillows to replace the expensive uncomfortable one
- a Dear Santa list from Bug that included a "stuffed tangerine tree" from My Father Dragon. She made this request up. There is no Tangerine tree, but in the book. And she wants one stuffed to cuddle with.
- needlefelting - so I can make said Tangerine Tree
- lorazapame kicking in, finally sleep might take over
- WedMD describing the difference between a heart attack and heart burn (I was pale as a ghost)
- Bug hanging out with me while I lay in bed all day. Reading to ME, instead of me to her. What a trooper.
- Neighbors who still do trick or treating.
- sleep. I am going to try to get some now.

Blessings,
Jenna

4 comments:

BruceRonda said...

Dear Jenna, I just found your blog from Susan's profile on their blog. Since I don't have your address I haven't been able to send you anything, and I wanted you to know that I think of you and pray for you quite often. I know that God is at work in your life as He is in Tim and Susan's lives so far away. When Addison died the Lord had given me a verse from Psalm 46. Verse 10 says,"Be still and know that I am God." I know this verse is for you too. Hold onto the incredible love He has for you, especially in the midst of all your pain and struggles. I pray for His peace upon your heart and mind as well as your healing. And I am glad to see you focused on gratitude. That is healing in itself. I love you, Sweetheart. I will try to stay in touch.
Ronda Ebling (Tim's mom)

Jenna said...

Ronda,
Thanks so much for those touching words. That verse is my favorite in the Bible. hands down.

I am being forced into stillness. I am trying to honor that.

Love to you both!
Jenna

Mary Helen said...

Ahhh, Jenna. No better time to be grateful indeed!

It is easy to be grateful when everything is wonderful. Little effort is required to see all the blessings in your life, to feel the abundance of good things.

But gratitude is especially powerful when things are not all rosy. It is not easy, but the discipline of consciously looking for and embracing the good helps us keep our perspective. When things are not going well is when we need the energy that gratitude provides, the sense that even in the darkness there are points of light.

And gratitude moves us to do things for others... their gratitude moves them... and on and on.

You are grateful, so you give to others through your blog. And I am grateful for you and how you have touched my life. And the cycle continues...

--Mary Helen

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

Jenna, I hope that today finds you feeling much better. We just heard yesterday how waking up thankful puts us in a much better frame of mind! Today I'm thankful for a hint of sunshine, a short to-do list and the promise of a walk with a friend!

Sending you love today!
Mel