Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Songs that make you Happy despite yourself adn other inspiration that make me forget cancer

Everyone once in awhile, I put up a song that inspires me, or just gets me happy. Better than a drug. (Move over Ativan, hellow Rythmn!)

Today, it is the first song on the playlist over at Spearhead. In fact, the whole placelist just gets my sluggish butt up off the couch and I have to move. Motivation. Gotta love it.

Here ya go! Go love the love.
Michael Franti & Spearhead. "Say Hey I love You"

Inspiration number two came from Best of the Northwest. Last weekend, I managed to get out two days in a row and trot through the Seattle Center to see some amazing artists. This guy, is by far my favorite thing I have seen in years. I spun one of his wheels with a crane on it and a deeeeeeeeeeeeep peace hit my soul. Jim and I agreed, once I am working and we have some extra income (oh yeah, those medical bills) we would give one to ourselves for our Anniversary. This guys is so talented. These are prayer wheels. I would go to his website to learn more. He will be featured as a Local Inspiration. I was thinking I would purchase on and incorporate them into wedding ceremonies (yes, I do that too....). He recently was commissioned to do one for the Dali Lama when he came for the Seeds of Compassion conference here in Seattle. Pure gift. I told him that would be a good life. To create such meaningful work, infused with such peace. He agreed, it was a good way to live. His name...Chris Moench, his wesbite is call Axis of Hope.
This might be one of those things you have to experience. Each vessel is weighted, and spins. To learn more, go to his website.



Jenna

No comments: