Monday, November 17, 2008

Blood Tests, and Numbers, and Healing...OH MY!

Blood Tests, and Numbers, and Healing
A Tale in Silly Prose

The news just came in from the county of Hoke,
a blood test is back after a nasty little poke.
And those numbers they say,
look quit normal, it's true.
now they seem to be around 32!
I started around 175,
scary, like soon I'd die!!
but now, 175 isn't so true,
try the very small number of 32.
Yes 32, I didn't mistype.
and that my friends is 5 below NORMAL folk count.
Doesn't that make you want to gleefully shout.
Me, I thought my ears did hear her wrong,
so she put it in writing and it didn't take long.,
to let it sink in we are so close to be done with chemo for now,
what a lovely Christmas,
I mean...like...wow!

Jenna
(This message brought to you by a mom who has had
poetry read to her all afternoon - that you for you patience. lol!
)

TO learn more about this count, read this information from the American Cancer Institute:

CA 27.29: CA 27.29 is another marker used to follow patients with breast cancer during or after treatment. This test measures the same marker as the CA 15-3 test, but in a different way. Although it is a newer test than CA 15-3, it does not appear to be any better in detecting either early or advanced disease. It may be less likely to be positive in people without cancer. The normal level is usually less than 38 to 40 U/mL (units/milliliter), depending on the testing lab. This marker can also be elevated in other cancers and in some non-cancerous conditions, and it may not be elevated in some women with breast cancer.

3 comments:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

YIPEE!!! YAY!!!! Your phone call today bolstered me like you have no idea! I had to call everyone I know who knows you!!! Are they talking the "R" word yet? You'll have to tell me all about it on Wednesday!

Susan said...

WHOOO HOOOO
This is amazing. You are AMAZING! You have worked so hard to heal yourself, seeking help from everywhere, and it is working. I am sooo excited for you.

Anonymous said...

Jenna!!!! This is A W E S O M E news!!! Happiest poem I've read in a long, long time. Hell yeah!! Congratulations!!!