Wednesday, June 18, 2008

One Day at a Time


It is crazy to wake up and go "I could live 3 months, or I could live 20 years." I have heard the range of stories. Stories that match mine.

Decision time. How do I want to spend the time I have (wether it be 3 months or 20 years).

But then again, shouldn't we all be asking that? I mean SERIOUSLY asking that...every single day? It is SO easy to skip that question on our "normal" days.

Everybody seems to have a guess. Every doctor seems to have the "tone" about it. I like their new term "we see this as a chronic disease" (insert in the blank spot- which we have no idea how long you will live or how the drugs will take, we are just making our best educated guess, just like you are)

In the end, that leaves me and only me to decide, because it seems like guessing games. 2 years, 20 years? Spent in a chemo stupor? Or clear headed for 6 months?

The reality that each and every day and how I want to live it are TRULY up to ME and only ME is pure and utter freedom.

Scarey as hell, and the most enlighting moment I have ever had.

Live well today
Jenna
(the artist to the right is one of my all time favorites. Niki McClure. Click to see more)

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Susan said...

We should ALL be asking that and living with no regrets!

At any moment anything could happen to any of us or any one we love. It is important to love those around us and live fully. Each one of us has the ability to make the most out of everyday and decide what we want in our lives and how we want to live.

Great post.