Monday, July 14, 2008

Chemo Day #4 - Part Two

So, back from the new chemo. Wow! So different all around so far.

Because I am not getting heavy steroids and no Benedryl, I feel an immediate difference in my post chemo-day energy. Just steady. It is almost like nothing even happened today. So strange. :) I usually walk away feeling drugged.

Also, this ordeal, pre-meds in IV, herceptin, taxol, took a few hours to complete. Now, I take two pills, one premed in the IV, herceptin, and taxol (given in HALF the time!). The whole thing took an hour and a half or so once we got rolling. (Not three +).

So now, we wait and see. Hmmmmmm. It is suppose to be even easier on the side effects than the Taxol. This week it is wait and see.

It does still have the aches and pains in the muscles and joints, which was the big OUCH with Taxol that took me down. So, let's just wait and see. If you don't hear from me, it might be because I am little pill bug curled up in my shell waiting it out in the safety of my bed. Or that I feel so great, I am climbing Mt. Rainer. hehehe.

Okay, night all!
Jenna

2 comments:

MiMi said...

hEY KIDDO,
SOUNDS LIKE NEW CHEMO IS SITTING BETTER: AT LEAST IN DELIVERY.
SO HOW WAS THE MOUNTAIN CLIMB?? HOPE THE VIEW WAS GREAT.
LOVE YA LOTS
HUGS TO YOU ALL
MOM

Unknown said...

Jenna, You don't know me. I am a friend of a friend of your mom's. I just want to be an encouragement to you. ALMOST a day does not go by that God doesn't remind me to pray for you and your husband and family. Please know that although we are strangers, I am praying for you. and yes dear precious Jenna, as you sign sooo many of your writings, PEACE (to YOU) and blessings, Debbie