Saturday, July 5, 2008

Mamma Loving Healing



"Mom, you are the greatest healer" said a groggy Bug, in the middle of the night, as I curl on the end of her bed, rubbing her legs. Growing pains have woken her, and called me to her.

"Thanks Bug."

"It's true, your welcome." she says, sleepy smile. And drifts off. I say, maybe I should doing healing arts when I am all done with this cancer thing.

She raises her head after a minute with a HUGE sleepy smile:
"Mom! You have cancer, and yet you STILL heal me! You grew up a healer and you are a healer despite your body is sick. You, are a mamma-lovin'-healer." And then lays her head back to her pillow, smiling.


that kid
jenna

4 comments:

Kent, Melisa,Tiana (and Coda) said...

That Kara is one very special kid! We are very grateful for the time we get to spend with her, too! Thanks for sharing her!

SherriLynn said...

Hi, Jenna. Barb sent me your blog link. We are sending you LOTS of healing thoughts and prayers! Sherri

Connie said...

Jennifer,
Hi I am a friend of your mom's. She and I met about 12 years ago at Riva Trace Baptist Church in Annapolis. My name was Connie Benson and I met you a few times when you came to visit here. I want you to know that I am praying for you, praying to God the healer and maker of all things. I pray that He will draw you close to Him, that He will give you strength each new day. Your right, we don't know why some people get sick and others don't, but God isn't out to hurt us or drop pianos on us - He loved us so much he sent his one and only son, Jesus, to die for us. I pray that through this journey you'll find home again.

Jenna said...

connie - I wasn't saying God is sitting at computer dropping pianos on peoples head. I was saying he wasn't. It is suppose to be an ironic joke. :)