Friday, July 11, 2008

Night Time Chant


So, I am up late. pain. blagh. I am watching the trees in the night. So beautiful. I know coyotes are in our backyard. Heard their babies calling a few nights back. I love coyotes.
And in the peace of this moment, I hear a Lakota song/chant I learned while studying traditional healing practices with a woman shaman trained in the Lakota tradition. The chant goes:

Spiraling into the center,
The center of the wheel.
Spiraling into the center,
the center of the
wheel.
I am the Weaver,

I am the Woven One

I am the Dreamer,
I am the Dreamed.


I am the Weaver,
I am the Woven One
I am the Dreamer,

I am the Dreamed.



It is lulling me to sleep hearing it run through my head. I remember that night. The elk skin drums pounding, the group of us singing. It was a such a great time of learning how to really turn inward, and listen with heart. And in doing so, connect to the Whole of all of us and the gifts we give each other being in this web of life together.

Precious knowledge, understanding our connections.

Night
Jenna

No comments: